Kurtis

Author: Mike and Melanie


This morning, as I was nursing Kurtis for his last feeding before surgery, I was just looking into his beautiful, happy face. He is such a sweet little baby. I have never seen a baby quite like him, a baby that was so content and happy all the time. Through all that he has been through he took it and just smiled. Kurtis is a very good example to me. I am so excited to see what comes of this little boy, he has been through so much, I think that he will grow up to do truly great things.

Well the schedule for today is to be at the hospital by 9am to do so bloodwork. Then at 11am we will check into sameday surgery and start the process of getting him sedated, then surgery is due to begin at 1pm. I spoke with the surgeon last night, they are planning on a very long surgery. The surgeon said they will take as much time as they need to safely remove the tumor. They are not positive that it is removable, we are sure praying that it is. Our surgeon Dr. Downy, is such an amazing man, I wouldn't choose anyone else to preform this surgery. After surgery, Kurtis will be admitted to the PICU, they do such an amazing job there. After 2 or 3 days, we will be able to move him up to either the surgical floor or the ICS (Cancer floor) we would really prefer the ICS, but we have to see if they have room. We will be in the hospital for Kurtis' recovery for about 10 days. We are so grateful for all the prayers, for all that fasted for our baby boy. We love you all so much, thanks for everything. We will keep you all updated on the surgery, and his recovery.

 

1 Response to “Kurtis”

  1. Heather

    He is such a happy and content little guy for all he has been through. Just know that as you share your journey and experiences, he touches and sets an example not only for you and your family, but for the rest of us following along. I am truly inspired by the little guy!!


Leave a Reply