SUCCESS!!!!
Author: Mike and MelanieWell, I just wanted to quickly write our good news... Kurtis had surgery and the surgeon was able to remove almost all of the tumor. He did have to leave a little piece that was too close to the spinal cord, but it may be benign anyways, they did do a biopsy to test though. He lost a rib in the surgery as well, but we were especting that. He is still sleeping, they are keeping him comfortable, hopefully tomorrow he will wake up and feel a little better. We love you all, we will keep you updated as we recieve more information. Thanks so much for all the support!

I'm so happy for your family! I'm so grateful that he is doing well and that all has gone as hoped. I love you lots and will continue to pray for you!
I am so thrilled to hear the surgery was a success! Thank you for posting and for keeping us up to date. Though we haven't really gotten to know one noather much besides through the blog, (which I am so grateful for), I feel as though we do know you on some level as we have followed along and prayed and fasted with you. Thank you again for your great examples of faith! I hope his recovery goes well and that he is able to return home soon!
Mike and Melanie,
Congratulations on everything! We really are so proud of your family. You've been through so much, but the blessings will be tremendous! We love you guys so much and are so grateful for your example!