some good news
Author: Mike and Melanie
We had a great Easter, the kids got quite the loot! The easter bunny brought some puzzles for Emily and a fun electronic book toy for Kurtis. They each got some new clothes and lots of candy. They also got to go on three easter egg hunts! They are such good kids!
While we were at Primary Children's, we met a lot of other families with children battling cancer. It was really hard to see these special kids suffering. One of the kids that was at the hospital was 7 year old Ian. Ian had Leukemia and was in the hospital for months at a time. I became really good friends with his mom because we were also in the hospital for a long time. Well after Ian's 4th chemo he got really sick and ended up in the PICU for almost a month. He was so sick and was battling for his life. Anyways, I didn't know what had happened to them after we were finished with Kurtis' treatment, I was told by a nurse that his family took him home to enjoy the time they had left with him. Anyways, today I found his mom's phone number and decided to call her to see how she was. I got the best news ever! Turns out that they were told that Ian couldn't receive anymore chemo treatments. They were planning to take him home and enjoy him. The did a bone marrow test to see the status of his Leukemia and found out that he was in complete remission! Needless to say they are so happy, so am I! What a miracle! Anyways, I just wanted to share that with everyone. It has just made my day!

melanie,
its hna Nish. I found your blog from hna mckinnon. your kids are just beautiful. so good to know that you little guy is doing good.
anyway I just wanted to say hi. hope everything keep going well with you.