So far so good
Author: Daddy Mikey Goodrich
Since Melanie is busy tonite, I'm taking a turn to do the post. There's nothing else to do during class anyway (:o). Well the good news is that our little "lerlerler" is doing much better. He had his central line removed and he is officially now in remission. Now all we have to do is take Kurtis to Primary Children's every three months for CT scans for the next five years. No problem, right? Well it's not exactly what I would like to do with my spare time, but it is infinitely better than the alternative!
Kurtis is doing so well these days. He can now get himself up on both knees and rock back and forth a little. He also has gotten down the art of rolling over from his back to his tummy. He talks a little bit as well. His talking mostly includes grunting and laughing, but as long as he'll smile at me when I come home, I don't really care what he says as long as it is with a smile. Those who have seen it would probably agree with me.
School and work are going well too. I'm down to my last semester and I'm hating it. I'm burned out and this is probably the most difficult semester I've had in a very long time. Building a compiler and filling out the rest of my time with other assignments really leaves me no time for virtually anything else other than work. I sacrifice a little bit of sleep to go to the gym in the mornings (5 am), but other than that it's work and school all the way. However, no matter how this semester ends, it will end in a little less than a month. I get to see the kids mostly in photos at work or in the Pictures folder on my laptop. I hate that, but this week I'm going home so that I can look at one of their faces without crying... I hate that too. Well you can probably tell what my mood is like right now, but that's full-time work and school for you. I look at school as just a necessary "evil" that has to be done. Believe me, I've thought about just being happy with my associate degree, but I'm too close now to give up! Anyway, enough sleep depraved ramblings... Back to work!
