Grandma and Grandpa and a baby blessing
Author: Mike and Melanie
We decided to bless Miss Sydney while Mikes parents were in town. It was such a wonderful day! It was so wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends. I wish I would have been better at getting pictures, it was just such a busy day, but we did get a few pictures of Sydney alone and with her daddy.
Mike is such a good dad to Sydney, and the other kids too, they just adore him so much!
This is my dad holding little Sydney on the day we came home from the hospital.
Grandma Goodrich had fun reading stories to the kids. The kids sure loved it too.
Little miss Sydney just hanging out. She is nine days old here. What a cutie!
Also, to answer a few questions about how the birth went, it was great! When I got there, Sydney was head down, but floating, so they did a slow break of my water, (it didn't feel slow to me though) and my midwife gently pushed the baby down. It worked great we were so happy!
The actual delivery was great, it didn't start to hurt until 6 cm, then I was stuck for about 2 hours, then when I started to progress, it got really bad, but luckily it was only 20 min. to a 10 and then 13 min. of pushing, she came down really fast, it was pretty intense but thankfully she came out great and was very mad at me, (she cried so much I couldn't believe it, my other two just took in their new world, but she just wanted mommy.)

Did you go natural?! Girl you are CRAZY! I only had about 30 min of intense pain after they broke my water, but it was enough for me to NEVER want to go natural. It is nice to go quick though. I'm glad it all worked out and you didn't need a c-section.
Congrats on Mikes graduation. I heard that ceremony was awesome. Also, I love your baby wrap. Where did you get it?
How fun! I'm so glad her blessing day went so well!! I hope you guys had a great time with the grandparents in town! Love you guys