Update

Author: Mike and Melanie

So just to give a quick update, we took Kurtis to a ear, nose and throat specialist and his hearing was perfect, he didn't have any extra fluid or anything like that. So far no one here is sick, we have been trying really hard to keep the kids healthy and have been staying home A LOT! It is worth it though, I just wish that scans could come sooner, but it is only a week and a half away now, so as long as we keep him healthy we should be good. It is really sad, usually I go to my mom's house with the kids twice a week, we have so much fun, they got sick 2 1/2 weeks ago and I haven't been there since. They are better now, so we hope to head over there this Tuesday, which is also Mike's Birthday, we will also be going out for a family dinner that night. It should be fun, and we will just make sure to keep Kurt's hands washed. Anyways, I will update again soon.

A little news about the other kiddos too. Emily is really fun, she is getting so smart. She knows all her uppercase letters and several lowercase letters, she can make all there sounds too. She also is counting really well, she counts to 20 without any trouble, and can count by 10's up to forty. She is starting to get a sense of humor, and loves to tease. One of my favorite things she has done this past week is (warning: it is about the bathroom, so skip this if you want.) Anyways, so I put her in her room for quiet time one day hoping that I could take a nap, soon I could hear her walking around, so I came out to see what she was doing, I asked her and she said "I go poop now mom" I said, "Oh! Well do you want some help?" (I still wipe her, she is only 3 after all.) she says "no mom! I push my own tummy!" I just thought it was so funny! Anyways, she is a stinker and a sweetheart all in one.


Well miss Sydney is quite the character! She is weighing in at 16.5 lbs. She loves to eat, and constantly wants food. She is crawling, not scooting, crawling, it is quite impressive! Her newest trick is pulling herself up to stand, it is driving me crazy, I am not ready for this yet! The girl isn't even 7 months yet! she sure is sweet though, always ready with a smile, or a squeal.

We are doing really well overall. Hope you enjoyed this really long quick update.

 

1 Response to “Update”

  1. Becky

    Your kids are growing up so fast! They sure are cute too. Glad all is well for you, we need to get together soon, it was so fun hanging out with you this summer. Lets plan something soon!


Leave a Reply