Our handsome little man.
Author: Mike and Melanie
So Mister Kurtis is such a cutie, in case you all didn't know. We have had to cancel his scans yet again, because he got sick, once again. He has actually been better for about 1-2 weeks, which is so nice. We are getting his 2nd dose of the H1N1 vaccine on Thursday, which will also be nice. And his scans will be on the 24th, so if you don't see us it is because we are really trying to make sure he doesn't get sick until we can get these done.
I started using some essential oils to boost his immune system, so hopefully he won't get sick at all anymore. Yesterday he had a visit with some speech therapists, he is so far behind, which is expected, but it still concerns me. I think he qualifies for the program this time, I really hope so, he could sure use something.
Unfortunately when they came over he failed the hearing test in both ears, a common side effect of the chemo that he received is hearing loss, they tested him after the chemo though, and everything was fine... I am really really hoping this is not a late reaction. We are taking him to an ear, throat and nose specialist, we are praying that he has fluid in his ears. I would much rather him get tubes in his ears than having to wear hearing aides. I guess time will tell.
I have been reflecting about Kurtis and the blessing he has been to our family. We are just so lucky to have such a strong little boy with us. He has truly captured my heart and means the whole world to me. I love his sisters too of course, but he holds a special part.
Some of Kurt's favorite things are: cars, cars, the movie cars, jumping, cars, dancing, cars, cars, grapes, cars, trains, bananas, trucks, cars, daddy, jumping, mommy and cars.
Favorite words: Mommy, cars, moomy (movie, cars of course) shoes, bike, bye bye, memen (amen) and meeemi (emmi)
Love you so much Kurtis!

Mel, If you need anything I am here for you. We will pray for your little man. Love you guys.