School Days are here!

Author: Mike and Melanie


Emily started Kindergarten on Wednesday, such a big girl! It was so exciting to see her so happy to go to school. She lined up with her class and followed her teacher inside without looking back once. I am so proud of her!

Emily is going to John Hancock Charter School, which is super exciting for me. It was the school I have dreamed of putting her in since I can remember. She didn't originally get in, but just days before school was going to start I got the call and knew we had to switch her over. She LOVES it!

She was just as cute on day 2, so we took another picture, the lighting was bad though, so it didn't come out as good. I was really surprised with myself. I did really well on Day 1, I didn't cry, I wasn't stressed, but it was like I was dropping her off at day camp or something. On day 2, it was quite different. Mike dropped her off on his way to work, so I didn't get to bring her. I cried and worried and missed her very much. She had a blast without me though. Yesterday, I did better, but I still missed her.
Next week I will post some pictures of Kurt's first day of preschool, can't believe he is going to go. He has really grown a lot this summer, he is even starting to speak in sentences (yay!) His comprehension is still quite low, but his therapist is going to work with him on that, as am I. I have seen some amazing improvements already. Sydney will just be hanging out with me this year, it will be great to get some good one on one time with her, it is a rare thing with two older siblings so close in age.

 

0 Response to “School Days are here!”

Leave a Reply