My (almost) 5 year old
Author: Mike and Melanie
So little miss Emily will be five in 1 1/2 weeks! I can't believe it, she is growing up so fast. I registered her for kindergarten and showed her where she is going to be going to school, and boy is she excited.
Lately she has been really sweet. She is constantly drawing pictures and giving them to people. Yesterday she brought me a picture of her and I in alien costumes. On friday in preschool she drew a picture of a dead fairy. Not sure where she is getting this stuff, but it is pretty funny.
So recently we gave Emily her own room, she has been sharing since Kurtis was born, and it was just not working. So we put the two younger kiddos together and gave Emily her own room, and even got her a new bed. It has been really interesting to see how well she takes care of her room when it is her very own. She cleans it and makes her bed everyday without being asked. It is so funny.
Sunday night before bed she humbly requested breakfast in bed. Why? because she is almost 5. I told her maybe for her birthday.
So with her birthday, I have a small dilemma. Emily's birthday is April 2nd, which is the day of Saturday conference. So we decided to have her party on Friday which is also April Fools Day. I thought it would be fun to throw her a Halloween Birthday Party as a April Fools joke. She is convinced however that she needs to have a Hello Kitty Party. I already bought everything for her Halloween Party though, I even found a pumpkin pinata. I think she will still be happy with her silly Halloween party, but I am just not sure. What would you do?

Hmm, I think I'd stick with the Halloween party because she'll still love it when it actually shows up! Maybe still get her a couple token Hello Kitty things (pencils or erasers or a doll or something?) to throw in there.
Your party idea sounds great! Ryans bday is on the 4th and I was also thinking of doing his party on that Saturday, so we'll be doing his on the Friday as well. Wish we could go to eachother's parties! :) :)