One long night...
Author: Daddy Mikey Goodrich
Hello again everybody!
I didn't get much sleep last night because Melanie and I had to run back up to SLC to go see Kurtis at 10:30pm. Why would we do that? Let me explain...
Last night, Melanie and I had spent the night playing with Emily, watching TV together, and me giving Melanie a much needed back rub. At about 10:25pm I went downstairs to get Emily's blanket from the car so she'd go to sleep, but when I got back I couldn't find anybody. After a minute of searching I found them both in our bed and I asked Melanie what was wrong. Somebody from the nurse had called her and told her that not only were they going to move Kurtis to the PICU again so the nurses could more closely watch his blood pressure, but they were doing a CT scan on his brain because they were sure that Kurtis had suffered a stroke. I guess just because a 3 month old baby holds his right arm a little funny qualifies as a symptom of a stroke (especially since a 3 month old baby would NEVER hold his arm a little funny, right?) So we dropped off Emily with her parents and raced to the hospital only to find him to be doing just fine... They told us that it was probably just an overreaction by somebody in the ICS.
So after 2 and a half hours of driving I finally made it home to sleep for a couple of hours before going back to real life. Wow I'm tired...
