Well... so much for daily...

Author: Daddy Mikey Goodrich

Ok! Maybe this won't be updated every day... or every week for that matter, but that's all in the past.

Now for the stuff that you're looking for.

Kurtis is doing better enough to get himself back into the ICS unit and out of the PICU. He has started to smile again and he talks a lot more than he used to which is great because he hadn't smiled at me for weeks (obviously...). However, the bad news is that they have found that the cancer has spread to the area of the knees. That's about all we know, so whether the cancer is in the knees or around the knees is not too terribly obvious. In either case it is not going to change his treatment schedule because the doctors are confident that the cancer in the area of the knees is going to shrink with the tumor in his chest. With these new findings, the situation is not going to allow Kurtis to come home any time soon. With luck, he will come home sometime in December or after the new year.

Over the last week or so, Melanie and I have been feeling like two single parents because I mainly take care of Emily and she takes care of Kurtis. However, my parents received permission to leave the Dominican Republic to come home to help out for a week and a half before they return to Santo Domingo. It's REALLY good to have them back for all kinds of reasons, but just to have them here is enough for us right now.

Regarding the posts, I'm going to try to post the news as soon as I get it. (Try... *cough* *cough*) For those who have been looking for the updates, I apologize. I'll try to get some pictures up on the site tonite so everybody can see them.

 

0 Response to “Well... so much for daily...”

Leave a Reply