Wowsers!! Kurtis is one!

Author: Mike and Melanie

Our little sweetheart just turned one! He was such a great baby, and he will continue to be a great kid. So he was born just after midnight July 14th. He was such a healthy big boy weighing in at 8Ibs. 5oz. He was so content and peaceful as a little baby.
When he was 10 weeks old, we found out that he had a malignant tumor in his chest, our lives were turned upside down! Even while in the hospital, with all his health problems and pain, he was able to charm his nurses, he was just so sweet.
Finally just after turning 6 mos. and having 4 rounds of chemo, and 2 surgeries, Kurtis went into remission. We are so grateful that he is still with us. He has brought so much to this family. He has given Mike and I more faith, and a better understanding of the plan of salvation. He has also given us more compassion for others. Although it was a hard year, and the hardest thing I have had to deal with thus far in my life, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
On Monday night we had a little party with the family. Kurtis had a really good time.
He especially loved the cake. He is such a good eater, just look at that belly!! Kurtis is doing so well. He isn't walking yet, but he is close. He stands up all by himself, and has even taken a few steps. He is happy as can be and is always laughing, smiling and playing.
We love you so much Kurtis!! Thanks for being such a sweet little boy!

 

3 Responses to “Wowsers!! Kurtis is one!”

  1. Erin

    Kurtis is so adorable! I can't believe that he is 1. He will be up and walking before you know it!


  2. McBrides

    Cute! Happy happy birthday Kurtis! And also, happy happy birthday today to you Mel! Sorry I texted you yesterday about your birthday, I got a little ahead of the game. :) I love you, happy birhtday!


  3. Miss Stace

    haha he is so cute! You are amazing Hermana!


Leave a Reply