shots, bedrest and fetal fibronectin.
Author: Mike and Melanie
Well, early this morning I woke up with cramping in my lower abdomen, and contractions every 4 min. I decided to drink a bunch of water to see if I was just dehydrated, so after 32 oz. of water and no change I took a warm bath. The contractions continued so I decided that I better go to the hospital, unfortunately I couldn't find anyone to watch my kids until 9:30. Well, after dropping the kids off at my moms house, I went to the hospital, it was really funny, they didn't have any rooms left, everyone went into labor today it seems, luckily though a room did open up for me.
After monitoring my contractions for an hour, and doing some other tests like the fetal fibronectin (not my favorite test...) my midwives decided that they better get the contractions to stop, so they gave me a shot for that. Then because of my preterm labor history, they decided to also give me a corticosteroid shot, (that one hurts really bad.) to help the babies lungs to mature faster, I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for another one... Anyways, the shot to stop the contractions did help, so I am now at home on bedrest... I just need to make it 3 or so more weeks, and the baby should be big enough to come if she feels like she needs too. Anyways, just wanted to send a little update.
On a happier note, I am pretty much ready for this little girl to come... I have the carseat in the car, and I have all her clothes and blankets washed and folded. I still need to get my co-sleeper, and then we will be good to go. I am very excited to see her.
The kids are doing great! They are getting so big. Emily has her birthday soon, I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted a horse party, I am not sure where that came from, but it might be fun... Anyways, all is well.

I hear you on not liking the shot! I would much rather have a baby than have to deal with shots!--It seems funny, I know.
I am glad you are doing okay now, kind of a bummer to be on bed rest, not to mention REALLY hard with two little ones at home to take care of!
Hey, how's it going now? How are you feeling? Good job though! I know bed rest stinks but every day even will make a huge difference! You are almost at the end now! Can't wait to see those cute baby pics. :)
Hang in there!! Love ya tons. Sorry you've had a hard time!
oh yuck that stupid shot. Sorry about being on bedrest! Did the fetal fibronectin come back positive?