37 Weeks!
Author: Mike and Melanie
Well I am very excited to have made it to 37 weeks! This is the furthest I have ever come. I went to my midwife yesterday, she checked me and said that I am 3-4 cm dialated, 70% effaced and very soft. That sounds good to me. Hopefully I will have this little sweetheart soon.
Unfortunately, I have been swelling up quite a bit the last 2 weeks, and the baby has decided that with all her extra space she wants to lie transverse (across my belly). So if my water breaks, I will have to get a c-section. They want to do a External cephalic version, but they want to wait until next week, I am not sure if I will make it that far though, I guess we will just have to see. When they move the baby they will go ahead and start my labor too, to make sure she doesn't move back. It would be so nice to have her here.
Everything is going great here though, the kids had such a fun Easter, Emily got a little princess bike, and Kurtis got a little red tricycle. I will post some pictures soon. They love their bikes so much. Neither one of them can peddle yet, so mostly Mike and I have been pushing them around on the side walk, trying to help them peddle, Kurtis is getting really close, Emily is having a little harder time, but she is doing well too.
As soon as we figure out what we are going to do with this little baby we will let everyone know.

Congrats on making it this far! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.
Also, here's an idea for helping the kids figure out how to pedal that seemed to work with Livvy. We just used rolled up sheets to prop up the training wheels in order to make the bike stationary. Then, as we watched a movie, we held her foot on the pedal and moved it around and around and around. She got it after a little bit and was able to practice pedalling like that until she mastered it She loved it and still asks to ride her bike on the sheets even though she can now ride her bike outside. Just an idea!
You go girl!!! So happy you made it this far, I can't wait to meet the knew addition to your sweet family!!