Our little thief!
Author: Mike and Melanie
So today I took the kids to walk around the mall. (I am trying to walk the baby out...) Anyways they were so good. One thing that we do when the kids are good is buy them a sucker as we leave the mall. Usually Mike is in charge of this, but since I was there by myself with the kids, I had the honors. Being right before Easter, they were so so busy. I could barely maneuver around the small store with my two kids in tow. But we managed to get the suckers for the kids and a truffle for myself and we preceded to make our way back out.
So here we are walking to the car, I am telling Emily she can have her sucker once we get to the store, I look down at Kurtis and he is so pleased with his new treat. He had helped himself to a nice bag a malt ball eggs. I couldn't believe it! He had taken it off the shelf while we were checking out, and because he was in a stroller, I didn't notice. How embarrassing. So we turned around and headed back to the store... Emily decided that she needed to let Kurtis know that what he had done was not good, and she scolded him on the way back to the store.
So we head back into the way busy store and I give the candy to the clerk, explain what had happened and apologized, I could not believe this lady, she was so rude and just shook her head at me, talk about rude! Anyways, I still think it was pretty funny, I have a 21 month old child that is a thief! We couldn't be prouder.
We are still waiting for our sweet Sydney to come. She is so silly and is just taking her sweet time. We are excited for her to come, and we really really hope that it happens soon.

Oh, Mel, I feel your pain! This has unfortunately happened to me numerous times! Especially with the kid in the stroller, whichever he may be at the time. The last time was a stuffed animal at the Disney Store and we were already out to the car! I SO did not want to go back, but we did. :) Oh, maybe that wasn't the last time, maybe it was the party favor at PartyLand. Hmm. Anyway, it is a bummer. lol And I always hate trucking my crew back in there to return it. It would have been so easy to skip going back, she should have been nice!
Way to go Kurtis! That's so funny!! And I have to say, I was looking at pictures of Emily's birthday, and I LOVE the horses!! Great job, they are adorable!
And tell Sydney to hurry...Bob and I are going to re-submit our guesses for when Sydney will be born (since both times have passed). Love ya!